P & C
EASTWOOD PUBLIC SCHOOL P&C ASSOCIATION
WHAT IS P&C?
P&C Association is a not for profit organisation made up of parent volunteers who organises and runs a range of services and provides extra resources for the families and school community. P&C works closely with the school executive and staff in a highly valuable way to the benefit of all students and their families. P&C represents you, the parents, carers, citizens and staff for matters relating to your child’s quality of life and education.
Through fundraising and social activities, the P&C raises funds each year to support programs for the maintenance, improvements, facilities and equipment for the school and promoting the positive learning and social environment as well as the welfare of the students at the school.
We also provide avenues for parents to become involved in aspects of the corporate life of the school including shared decision making.
Each year the P&C holds regular monthly meetings on the 3rd Wednesday of each month (during school term) to discuss matters with the School Executive, Committee members and parents of the community. All meetings are minuted and issued to the community via the School Newsletter under the P&C tab.
The first meeting of the year is the Annual General Meeting (AGM) where all existing members are dissolved and existing and new members are encouraged to be elected for an existing or new role.
One of the important functions of an Annual General Meeting is to elect the P&C Executive Committee – parent volunteers who are willing to take leadership positions for the P&C.
The Executive for the P&C consists of:
There are also other P&C sub-committee positions including:
- Canteen – Convenor and Treasurer
- Uniform Shop - Convenor and Treasurer
- Spring Fair - Convenor and Treasurer
- Family Social Club - Convenor and Treasurer
- Music - Convenor and Treasurer
- Communications & Signage Convenor
More details around the roles and responsibilities can be reviewed in the link:
Our elected Office Bearers for 2020 as follows:
- President - Mrs Sally Fong
- Vice-President - Mrs Katie Dumbrell
- Secretary - Mr King Tam
- Treasurer - Mrs Fang (Sally) Liu
The meetings are held on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 7.30pm during the school term in the school administration block. We encourage all parents to participate in the P&C Meetings as important decisions are made and is where ideas are formed.
Important matters and funding allocations are voted in the meetings, in order for parents and the community have a vote, they must become a member. Membership Fees are $1.00 (AUD) paid on the day of the meeting where your name is recorded. Note: Membership fees can only be made at the meeting and entitles you to voting rights.
Our P&C is incorporated through The Federation of Parents and Citizen’s Associations of NSW and ACNC (Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commissions).
Certificate of Incorporation: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WMqwEmazoGhFGvSo7GgR_DbcoYfXJcYe
Certificate of Registration as a Charity: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jRV_vCgWWYJjRmStLcR3bmdAUO4QumMS
HOW DO I GET INVOLVED WITH THE P&C?
There are lots of ways you can get involved in the P&C Association. You can:
- Attend monthly meetings
- Volunteer at the fundraising events
- Volunteer in the sub-committee groups
- Get involved in a executive or sub-committee position
- By Email: email@example.com
- Attend a P&C meeting
HOW DO WE RAISE MONEY?
P&C runs two (2) major fundraising events:
- Voluntary Contribution
- Voluntary Contributions are collected by the P&C each year from our generous parents. This money supplements NSW Government funding and helps the school purchase valuable resources for both inside the classroom and externally.
- Spring Fair Event
- A long-standing tradition at Eastwood Public School, the Spring Fair is a great fundraiser for the school and a very enjoyable day that brings the community together.
- Spring Fair requires over 400 volunteers to ensure the successful running of the event.
WHERE DOES THE MONEY RAISE GET SPENT ON?
Over the years, P&C has spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on improvements to the school as well as classroom resources. Some of these include:
- Playground Equipment
- School hall
- Air Conditioning in every classroom
- Sound systems
- Digital Smart Boards
- And many others
P&C has committed to almost $144,000 in 2020 on various expenditure area and projects for our students as shown in the below illustration.