P & C
P&C Association is a not for profit organization made up of parent volunteers who organises and runs a range of services and provides extra resources for the families and school. P&C works closely with the school executive and staff in a highly valuable way to the benefit of all students and their families. P&C represents you, the parents, carers, citizens and staff.
Through fundraising and social activities, the P&C raises funds each year to support programs for the maintenance, improvements, facilities and equipment for the school and promoting the positive learning and social environment as well as welfare of the students at the school.
We also provide avenues for parents to become involved in aspects of the corporate life of the school including shared decision making.
Each year the P&C holds regular monthly meetings, as well as an Annual General Meeting. One of the important functions of an Annual General Meeting is to elect the P&C Executive Committee – parent volunteers who are willing to take leadership positions for the P&C. The Executive for the P&C consists of:
There are also other P&C sub-committee positions including:
- Canteen – Convenor and Treasurer
- Uniform Shop - Convenor and Treasurer
- Spring Fair - Convenor and Treasurer
- Family Social Club - Convenor and Treasurer
- Music - Convenor and Treasurer
- Communications & Signage Convenor
The meetings are held on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 7.30pm during the school term in the school administration block. All parents are welcome to come along to our next meeting to see how it works.
Our P&C is incorporated through The Federation of Parents and Citizen’s Associations of NSW and ACNC (Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commissions).
How do I get involved with the P&C?
There are lots of ways you can get involved in the P&C Association. You can:
- Attend monthly meetings
- Volunteer at the fundraising events
- Volunteer in the sub-committee groups
- Get involved in an executive or sub-committee position
- By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend a P&C meeting
- Leave a note at the school office. Please leave your contact details.
How do we raise money for the school?
P&C runs 2 major fundraising events:
- Voluntary Contribution
- Voluntary Contributions are collected by the P&C each year from our generous parents. This money supplements NSW Government funding and helps the school purchase valuable resources for both inside the classroom and externally.
- Spring Fair (31st Saturday 2019 – save the date!!)
- A long-standing tradition at Eastwood Public School, the Spring Fair is a great fundraiser for the school and a very enjoyable day that brings the community together.
- Spring Fair requires over 400 volunteers to ensure the successful running of the event.
What do we use the money for?
Over the years, P&C has spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on improvements to the school as well as classroom resources. Some of these include:
- Playground Equipment
- School hall
- Air Conditioning in every classroom
- Sound systems
- Digital Smart Boards
- And many others
P&C commits to almost $115,000 per year on various expenditure areas for our students including: