Thank you to the parents who have returned the survey attached to the letter sent out by the P&C. However, there are still many families who have not yet responded……..
Can you all please complete the small section at the end of the letter and return to the office mail box as soonaspossible!!
Upcoming Events Term 4
Wed 27/10: Sen Strings and Jun Choir – Epping District Festival, Town Hall
Sat 13/11: All groups: EPS Spring Fair
Wed 24/11 lunchtime: Piano Plus
Wed 1/12: End of Year concert
Epping and District Music Festival
We are looking forward to a wonderful night tomorrow at the Sydney Town Hall, where the Senior Strings, Junior Choir and Chinese Dance Group will all be performing and representing the school. Thank you to the teacher for coordinating this event for Eastwood PS. Please check your notes for details.
The sign up sheet for Piano plus is up on the music notice board outside the hall. Please find a group and put your names up to register.
This fun event will be held at lunchtime on Wednesday November 24, and is kindly coordinated by Caroline.
Gather a friend or two and join in!
The idea is for children to form their own duo or trio, with piano plus one or two other instruments. They learn a piece of music together and perform at a special lunchtime concert.
This is especially good for those children not already involved in the music program as well as for those who are. It is a chance for piano players to learn how to play in a group, which is a fantastic skill and lots of fun too. It is easiest for those piano students of grade 3 standard or above, but with parent help beginners can participate too.
Here’s What to Do:
- Find a friend or two to make a little group. For example you could have piano plus cello and violin, or piano plus piano, or piano plus a singer, or piano plus recorder – the combination is up to you.
- Register your group by writing your names on the sign up sheets near the music noticeboard.
- $2 entry fee per person (to cover prizes) collected on the concert day.
- Find some suitable music to perform. Your music teacher might be a good help with music. Simple is good .Email Caroline at Carolinejane@ozemail.com.au if you need help.
- Practise the music on your instrument with the help of your teacher if needed. Playing it with a metronome helps.
- Once you are confident with the piece, get together with your friends to practise together. You will need at least 2 practices together and we strongly suggest that one of your parents takes on the role of practice supervisor to help you stay on task.
- Perform at the Piano Plus concert at lunchtime on Wednesday November 24. There will be lots of prizes and two groups will have the honour of being asked to play at the prestigious End of Year Music Concert.
Contact Sandra via firstname.lastname@example.org
Junior Band: Mon pm in hall
Senior Band: Mon am and Wed am in hall
Junior Strings: Tues pm in AV room
Senior Strings: Wed am and Th pm AV room
Music Committee, email@example.com
|♪ Musicianship @ EPS ♫
Musicianship is very helpful in the practical playing of an instrument. It involves learning music theory, aural and written skills. The aim of the class is to develop a better understanding of the music you enjoy and play, and to sit the AMEB Musicianship examination. Topics to be covered include pitch and tonality, keys and scale, intervals, chords, time and rhythm, terms and signs, rhythmic invention and melody writing, and many more! ♪♫
The classes are ideal for musicians at around a Grade 4 standard (of any instrument). The lessons will be run in different skill levels, for groups of 4-6 students, with weekly 45-minute classes (during school term). ♫♫
♪ The program will be taught by Fanny who is currently teaching piano and musicianship at her private studio in Eastwood. She has had vast experience in teaching kids and was an ex-committee member of EPS P&C Music Committee. ♫
If you have any questions, or for more details, please contact Fanny on 0403 313 014 or email firstname.lastname@example.org