Year 5 students designed and built a model to explore the generation of electricity.
The Piano Plus was another wonderful display of musical talent from Eastwood. Students from Kindergarten to Year 6 performed a variety of acts. The outstanding performances will be on-show again at various end of year activities.
- Kanon, Justine, Christie and Stella will performan at the end of year concert on Thursday 24th November.
- Angela, Katrina, Marcos and Samantha will perform at the Stage 2 Presentation Day on the 8th December.
- Kanon and Daryl at the Stage 3 Presentation Day on the 8th December.
- Julie, Justine, Jeffrey, Kanon and Senon at the K-2 Presentation Day on 6th December.
- Jessie, Daryl, Edwin, Eva and Emma will perform at the Carols Breakfast on the 9th December.
The Eastwood Lego Robotics teams went to Baulkham Hills North Public School to participate in the First Lego League Robotics Tournament on the 10th November. The theme for this year’s challenge is Animal Allies. Our Eastwood teams competed against other 18 teams (Even High Schoolers!)
The tournament consisted of robot programming challenge, project presentations, Core Value Judging (teamwork skills) and Robot Design (how well the robot was programmed). The project presentations had to prepare a presentation about an animal that included a problem in which they had to find a solution to save the animal that they chose. Then they had to present it to the judges. Eastwood team 1 (Beauty and the Bees) came second in the Robot Challenge.
Our highlights were watching the robots execute missions on the mat. This was the robot programming challenge. The goal of the robot programming challenge was to do as many missions as they could with their robots within the two and a half minutes’ limit.
We use the Remind App to keep parents and community members up-to-date about news and events. Remind is a free service that sends one-way messages via push notifications or email. It is available for both Apple and Android devices.